Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

#WashBucketChallenge


"BlogAdda invites you to take a pledge that you will #ShareTheLoad of household chores and not burden just one family member. Gentlemen, we want you to take up this challenge to give the ladies of the house some respite from doing the laundry, and blog about the experience."

As soon as I read the above lines from BlogAdda, I really wanted to write on this. Well, since I have been away from my home for quite some time now and I do the washing chores all by myself. So yeah I am looking for an opportunity where I get a respite from this. Of course, I get some respite when I back home but even then I still wash.

Well, I think I should give you a brief washing background and thus the washing history of men like me. Men who can relate to washing but were never able to (nor find time to) write a Washing story.

Long long ago, in the days of ‘Washing powder Nirma’ jingle before this thing called washing machine was bought at home, my mom wanted me to wash clothes. Somehow at that point of time, I thought washing clothes was the most boring household chore on earth. Arranging the books in my shelf, shopping for some errands from the market and even washing my dinner plate seemed to be better. Washing clothes was however the most boring job

I still grumble when I think about the day I spent 1 hour washing clothes trying to make my vest as clean as the one shown in those silly advertisements.  But that never happened. After that I accepted the truth and washed on.

However I have realized that I spend quite a good part of my life washing clothes. I have stayed away from my family in the last 1.5 years and so I have been washing clothes without a washing machine.  In fact, twice in the last 2 weeks I was washing clothes but remembered about the Ariel matic powder only after finishing the weekly washing. The fact that Blog Adda have promoted Ariel matic using the Washing machine picture hasn't really helped. 

I wash clothes. But then I usually don’t use a Washing machine. This I think is the story of the Indian male. For a moment, let’s keep all these fancy reports aside. I now wonder that there is gender stereotyping here and it is against men and not against women.

We wash clothes but then it is such a mundane weekend (read Sunday late night) activity that there is little excitement doing it. I once remember even damaging my phone trying to click a silly picture while washing my clothes.  I wasn't really sure if I should do that this time. 


Luckily I have traveled to my native place this week. Now I have a washing machine around and thus the inclination to write about Ariel matic. (We are finally done with the background story for that. Phew!!!)

As I was about to begin the #WashBucketChallenge, I discovered that I could count the number of times I used a washing machine. It was not more than 5 times for sure.  So then, BlogAdda and Ariel matic have indeed succeeded in pushing me to do something that I am not really used to doing. I am indeed doing a #Sharetheload with my family.

Now finally for a few words on the product – Ariel Matic Washing powder

  •  I have used the Ariel matic power to wash my not-really-dirty clothes. Unfortunately these clothes aren't really dirty and so I can’t really tell you how effectively Ariel matic removes stains like curry, chocolate, ink etc
  • The powder is very light. This means that the quantity of the powder that you get for a fixed weight would be higher than the quantity of a heavier powder.
  •  The washing powder does a clean job washing the clothes and gets them to shine. It also leaves an aromatic fragrance on the clothes
  •  The quantity of powder that is needed to wash a certain number of clothes is also less as compared to other powders. This is perhaps why Ariel products are priced higher than the other products like Tide.
  •  Ariel should perhaps promote more such sample since a middle class family like ours usually gets intimidated seeing the price of Ariel products. This is what my Dad says. (Yet another Male consumer insight about #washingpowders). However using this sample has showed that the amount of powder that is needed is less which perhaps explains the price. 
This post is a part of the #WashBucketChallenge activity at BlogAdda.com is association with Ariel India' in your blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment